INDIAN RAILWAYS TRANSPORT FREE FOR EARTHQUAKE RELIEF MATERIALS
New Delhi(N4C Desk)To facilitate the transportation of relief materials booked by various Government organization/Government aided agencies, NGOs and any other associations by coaching trains to Raxaul in Bihar for the earthquake affected areas of Nepal, Ministry of Railways as a special case have decided that the relief materials shall be booked “free of cost” as per the following terms and conditions:-
1. The consignment shall be booked by various Government
organizations/Government aided agencies, NGOs and any other associations
and consigned to the District Magistrate of Raxaul District (Bihar) subject
to the condition that the relief material so transported will be
distributed amongst the people of the earthquake affected areas of Nepal. From Delhi area the consignment shall be booked from Delhi station only.
2. It should be ensured that states where elections are due, no political party or individual takes credit for this transportation.
3. In order to ensure that consigners do not face problems in booking of the relief materials nodal officers would be nominated by the zonal Railway. The scheme of free rail transportation of relief material along with the details of the Railway nodal officers (with address, telephone numbers etc.) would be made public and given wide publicity.
4. The consignments will be booked solely at owner’s risk and no claim for any loss or damage to the consignments carried under this special arrangement will be entertained by Railways.
- The relief material will be transported free of cost for the period 01.05.2015 to 14.05.2015
- District Magistrate of Raxaul may make arrangement for transportation of relief materials from Raxaul to Earthquake affected areas of Nepal.